Sunday, September 7, 2014

The Dorothy Quilts

Today's quilts were all made by Dorothy. She's a CIQ member & will be one of the featured quilters at our quilt show in the Spring.
First up is a Roxanne Carter quilt pattern(sorry I forgot the name). I tried a couple new techniques I've been working on.

Lori Kennedy over at In Box Jaunt has some really great tutorials. 
You can find the swirling stars HERE.


There was a lot of background in the middle of this quilt. What to do? I'm calling this "divide & conquer". Sometimes those big spaces just need to be smaller. I used some of Angela Walter's fun swirls. Check out her website for great videos.
 



Love this appliqué quilt.



Lots of room for some swirly girly quilting.






And finally this flag. Simple double lines to make it wave. 



Are you enjoying the warm days we are having? I've been staining the deck railings & privacy wall at our house. Being up on the extension ladder is not my thing.

Here's a sunset picture form last week.

I'll be back soon with more quilts.
Sharon



No comments: